top of page
Sometimes people ask how I create a painting. I'll show you the steps.
1. I start with an idea that either comes from a vision, the internet or just life in general.
2. I go to the internet and try to find images that are as close to my vision as possible.
3. I combine these images in photoshop in a way that is pleasing to my twisted sense of esthetics.
4. I paint an underpainting out of one color and white. Usually it's burnt umber or black and white. this step helps with the general flow of everything and shows the values or lightness and darkness of everything.
5. finally I bring in color and pattern and other elements to make the picture seem cohessive.
Myles Williams Fine Art
bottom of page